Uno di Quattro Merlot
Technical Data Sheet
- Classification: San Gimignano Merlot DOC
- Year: 2015
- Production area: San Gimignano
- Grapes: 100% Merlot
- Age of vineyards: 15 years old
- Altitude: 380 – 420 mt s.l.m.
- Training system: spurred cordon
- Plant density: 4000 plants per hectar
- Production per plant: 1 kg
- Method of harvest: hand harvest, careful selection of grapes in the cellar
- Fermentation: traditional fermentation in small cement tanks with maceration on the skins for 15-18 days, frequent reshuffling of the skins and performing three delestage.
- Aging in French oak barrels (for one third new ones) for 36 months
- Bottle aging: at least 6 months
- Alcohol content: 15.5% Vol.
- Color: brilliant ruby red with garnet highlights with aging
- Nose: typical aroma of berries or red flesh and black in general
- Palate: rich and full-bodied with notes of jam, good finish with excellent persistence and perspective of longevity
- Ideal serving temperature: 18° C
- Pairings: can accompany the dishes more flavorful and complex of the traditional Tuscan venison, steak and cheese