Uno di Quattro Sangiovese
Technical Data Sheet
- Classification: San Gimignano Sangiovese DOC
- Year: 2016
- Production area: San Gimignano
- Grapes: 100% Sangiovese
- Age of vineyards: 15 years
- Altitude: 280 – 320 mt s.l.m.
- Training system: spurred cordon
- Planting density: 4000 plants per hectare
- Production per plant: 1,5 kg
- Method of harvest: hand harvest, further selection of the grapes in the cellar
- Winemaking: destemming followed by fermentation, separate for each type of grapes, in cement tanks. Final aging for 36 months in oak barrels. Refining in bottle at least 6 months before the consumption
- Alcohol content: 15% Vol.
- Color: intense ruby red, with orange hues
- Nose: hints typical of Sangiovese, for example black cherry, cherry, berries. We can also perceive a slight note of wood due to the aging of this wine in barriques.
- Palate: full and voluminous, very persistent
- Ideal serving temperature: 16 – 18° C
- Pairings: the classic combination is with Tuscan sliced meat, but fits perfectly with all Tuscan dishes, roasts, grilled meats, cheeses