Uno di Quattro Syrah
Technical Data Sheet
- Classification: San Gimignano DOC “Syrah”
- Year: 2014
- Production area: San Gimignano
- Grapes: 100% Syrah
- Age of vineyards: 15 years old
- Altitude: 380 – 420 mt s.l.m.
- Training system: spurred cordon
- Plant density: 4000 plants per hectar
- Production per plant: 1 kg
- Method of harvest: hand harvest, careful selection of grapes in the cellar
- Fermentation: traditional fermentation in small cement tanks with maceration on the skins for 15-18 days, frequent reshuffling of the skins and performing three delestage.
Aging in French oak barrels (for one third new ones) for 36 months
- Bottle aging: at least 6 months
- Alcohol content: 14.5% Vol.
- Color: ruby red
- Nose: typical aroma of plum and black cherry
- Palate: rich and full-bodied with notes of jam, good finish with excellent persistence and perspective of longevity
- Ideal serving temperature: 18° C
- Pairings can accompany the dishes more flavorful and complex of the traditional tuscan cousine. Great pairing with lamb and aged pecorino cheeses