Vernaccia San Gimignano
Technical Data Sheet
- Classification: Vernaccia di San Gimignano DOCG
- Year: 2017
- Production area: San Gimignano
- Grapes: 100% Vernaccia di San Gimignano
- Age of vineyards: 10 years old
- Altitude: 280 – 320 mt s.l.m.
- Training system: spurred cordon
- Planting density: 4000 plants per hectare
- Production per plant: about 2 kg
- Method of harvest: manual with selection of grapes in the cellar
- Winemaking: maceration at low temperature of the grapes, settling of must after destemming and gentle pressing, inoculation with selected yeasts when clear, fermentation with temperature-controlled and aging in steel
- Bottle aging: at least 2 months before release
- Alcohol content: 13% Vol.
- Color: straw yellow with greenish reflections
- Nose: nice fruity and citrus notes
- Palate: good structure, fruity, dry
- Ideal serving temperature: 12° C
- Serving suggestions: perfect as an aperitif but is also accompanied by appetizers, main dishes from light dressing, soups, risottos, fish and medium aged cheeses.